[opencms-dev] OAMP formgenerator 1.3.1 problem on ocms 7.0.5

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Sun May 31 20:05:05 CEST 2009

Are you using OCMS7.0.5 from the download website (binary distribution), or
are you building the core jar (opencms.jar) from CVS?
The problem sounds familiar, if I remember correctly you need to build
opencms.jar from the CVS, the mail methods have different signatures I
think.

Ludwig Hunecke wrote:

> Dear Mailinglist,
>
> I tried to introcude the form generator module but run into some
> confusing problems.
> If I try to submit a form and send an email, I get the following error:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.opencms.mail.CmsSimpleMail.send()V
> 	at
> com
> .alkacon
> .opencms.formgenerator.CmsFormHandler.sendMail(CmsFormHandler.java:1218)
> 	at
> com
> .alkacon
> .opencms.formgenerator.CmsFormHandler.sendData(CmsFormHandler.java:924)
>
> This problem occurs also if I try to send HTML mails in the class
> CmsHtmlMail.
>
> CmsSimpleMail definetly declares the method send. I have checked this
> in the source code, from which I compiled OpenCms.
>
> public class CmsSimpleMail extends SimpleEmail {
>
>      [...]
>
>      public String send() throws EmailException {
>
> I can't explain this problem in another way that the formgenerator
> module (version 1.3.1, which I downloaded today) has been compiled
> against another version of OpenCms or the apache commons email jar.
>
> Has anybody experiences with this issue?
>

> Thanks & regards,
> Ludwig
>

> PS: If I try to debug the formgenerator source code, using the up-to-
> date CVS code, the lines don't match while debugging.

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China
http://www.sysvision.com