[opencms-dev] Schedule sensitive pages

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu Jun 4 18:57:27 CEST 2009

There are several ways to solve your request.

* You can create a ScheduledJob to copy/delete/move resources.

* if a redirect is ok, you could create two index pages, one regular and one
halloween version. Create a switch.xsd with a date field and a one
"beforeDateUrl" and another "afterDateUrl" and the template for that
switch.xsd will redirect the user to the right version.

(* hardcode the logic in the template if you just need it once)

SarcasmMonster wrote:

> Is it possible for OpenCms to have multiple copies of resources and show
> different copies at different times?
>
> Say on October 31st, I want the main index page to be a custom Halloween
> themed page. After the 31st, I want the the index page to revert back to
> the
> old copy. I will be away during this time so manual intervention is not a
> solution. Can OpenCms handle this? I noticed that I can expire pages to
> make
> them unavailable and change the released date of availability. This
> however
> does not allow me to alternate between two resources at different times
> automatically.
>
> Trying to find a CMS that handles this situation elegantly.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy

-----
Mathias Lin