[opencms-dev] Schedule sensitive pages

Nacho Fernández Orellana nacho.fernandez.orellana at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:47:36 CEST 2009

Hi Jimmy and list,

If your main page is not static but displayed using a jsp template (as it is
usual), there are almost no limits to what you can do by code at that page
(and thus the approaches are infinite). You can have different images, css,
structured elements and so for the Halloween version and for example suffix
them with "_halloween" and make the template ask for the actual date and if
it matches October the 31st, add the suffix to the images, css, and so urls.
As I said the approaches are infinite, you could organize all the resources
that depends on a date in folders named with that date (being the resources
inside named equally in all those folders) and make the template ask about
the date and add that parameter to the paths of the elements accordingly.
You can also use resources properties (such as collector.date) to "tag" them
with a date that can be read by code and help decide whether to use such
resource or not. You could even create new structured data that defines in a
user friendly those aspects you need (which resources will be associated
with which time frame) and then make the template read that data.

I hope some of the ideas there are useful to you. Greetings,

Nacho Fernandez.