[opencms-dev] when links are moving

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Jun 5 10:49:20 CEST 2009

Hi Cristoph

In my experience, the links actually do get changed automatically.

I'm not sure if this is true _always_, but when an image file is referenced by path (using the VFS resource widget) inside a structured content file, the path gets updated when moving that image around. Also, we use structured content for navigation, and it's the same here; link paths gets updated automatically when moving files around.

With regards to versions, I'm uncertain whether there are differences in the (recent) releases. We run mostly 7.0.3-7.0.5 (many servers) and AFAIK the feature works fine in these versions.

If this is not true in your case, please try to explain the specific situations where it does not work.

Cheers,
Paul