[opencms-dev] "commercial open source license" (Re: comundus connects jBPM workflow engine with OpenCms)

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen cfn at kb.dk
Fri Jul 3 09:26:43 CEST 2009

Who appointed opensource.org, to define the term "open source" ?

As I understand copyright laws NO LEGALLY BINDING LICENSE can fulfill those criteria, since they would then violate the creators moral rights, thus making those licenses void.

To me "open source" means that the source is available - nothing more - nothing less.
The information is available to the public, but the terms of its use may be restricted.

Don't listen to those ivory tower aristocrats.

Cheers,

Carl