[opencms-dev] Frontend login and direct edit

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Aug 10 11:05:19 CEST 2009

It rings a bell... I had a similar problem with version 6. I did use the
mod_jk rewrite setup, but I seem to recall that problem persisted when
testing directly on tomcat (same port, but a different entry different
from "default" in the sites-folder). I.e. both sites and the workplace
editor used the same "base" url.

As I recall it there were some parts during direct edit that would try
to look up stuff from /sites/default even though it everything was
stored in the other site. I never found the actual problem though as it
turned out the two sites were better of running as separate OpenCms
instances (so each had their own /sites/default).

So no solution, but if you have Firefox I would suggest to install
HttpFox and look at what is being requested - it sounds like one or more
requests ends up on the wrong path. Also try the setup without the fancy
front-end setup (as mentioned I recall that I still had the problem, but
it was in version 6 so it could be that whatever caused the problem then
has been fixed in 7, and it may be something entirely different bugging
your setup)

Ludwig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> has anybody got experiences with a frontend- login and directedit
> functionality in the non-default site? (OpenCms 7.5)
>
> My situation:
>
> I have got a site /sites/xyz and use a login form, based on the
> login.jsp of the templatetwo demo content. Site xyz is reachable over
> the domain http://localhost:8081. The domain of the default site and
> the workplace is http://localhost:8080.
>
> Problem:
>
> The login works perfectly fine but editing content through directedit
> doesn't work. If I try to do so the editor.jsp just redirects me back
> to where I come from without showing the editor- form.
>
> I assume that this behaivour is in connection with the fact that I'm
> even after login "under" the localhost:8081 URL. But if I try to
> manually switch to localhost:8080 (URL of the workplace) I run into
> other problems while trying to use directedit (then the site switches
> from xyz to default).
>

> Has anybody faced similiar problems and solved them?
>

> Thanks a lot & regards,
> Ludwig
>
> --
> Ludwig Hunecke