[opencms-dev] Frontend login and direct edit

Ludwig ludwig.hunecke at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:20:10 CEST 2009

Today I had time for investigating a little bit more.
I figured out: If the user's default site points to the site in which
the file should be edited everything works fine.

This has something to do with the initialization of the workplace.
Class org.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplace#initWorkplaceCmsContext(...)

	// check site setting
         if (!(settings.getSite().equals(reqCont.getSiteRoot()))) {
             // site was switched, set new site root
             reqCont.setSiteRoot(settings.getSite());
             // removed setting explorer resource to "/" to get the
stored folder
         }

Here the current site of the requestContext is overwritten with the
site of an initially created CmsWorkplaceSettings object.

Maybe this message helps somebody with the same problem or even it is
an inspiration for the opencms development team for changing this
behaviour of opencms ;-)

All the best,
Ludwig