[opencms-dev] Frontend login and direct edit

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Aug 17 15:23:23 CEST 2009

Great detective work :-)

That would certainly explain the issue I ran into.

It may make sense in some setups to have user for a given site to be
"limited" to do direct edit inside his "default" site, but in the
scenario I was aiming at back then, it would not have worked. There a
couple of super users were expected to edit both sites and preferably
though this simplified direct edit driven front-end. So they would have
needed to "switch" default site in their user settings for it to work...

I guess it is not a common setup but I would say that having a common
users database for two sites is one of the reasons to go with a
multi-site setup rather than separate OpenCms instances. Have you added
it to bugzilla?