[opencms-dev] Duplication OpenCMS-installation?

Gregor Schneider rc46fi at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:41:57 CEST 2009

Hi there,

we'd like to duplicate our OpenCMS-test-installation (7.5.0)

What we did so far is:

- - create a new database "opencms_test" and copied all content from
the original database "opencms" into it

- - copied the folder $catalina_home/webapps/opencms to
$catalina_home/webapps/opencms_test

- - adapted propetry "db.pool.default.jdbcUrl" in
$catalina_home/webapps/opencms_test/WEB-INF/config/opencmsproperties
to new database-url

When starting Tomcat, the following message appears in catalina.out:

======[snip]=========

Starting OpenCms, version 7.5.0 in web application "opencms"

Copyright (c) 2009 Alkacon Software GmbH
OpenCms comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions.
Please see the GNU Lesser General Public Licence for
further details.

Starting OpenCms, version 7.5.0 in web application "opencms_test"

Copyright (c) 2009 Alkacon Software GmbH
OpenCms comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions.
Please see the GNU Lesser General Public Licence for
further details.

- --------------------
The following critical error occurred:
Critical error during OpenCms initialization: Unable to initialize the
user driver.
Giving up, unable to start OpenCms.
- --------------------
Oct 6, 2009 4:06:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener
addResource
WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException:
Could not load resource factory class [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: o
rg.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory]
Oct 6, 2009 4:06:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener
addResource
WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException:
Could not load resource factory class [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: o
rg.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory]
Oct 6, 2009 4:06:04 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive WebMailer.war
Oct 6, 2009 4:06:04 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive ROOT.war
Oct 6, 2009 4:06:04 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80
Oct 6, 2009 4:06:04 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 59845 ms

======[snap]=========

As you can see, we're trying to start 2 OpenCMS-instances on the same
server. What we'd like to achieve is to keep our first instance as
kind of a backup. We're currently evaluating OpenCMS, made some
changes here and don't want to destroy those adaptions which is why we
created a new instance.

Could somebody please shed some light what I am missing here?

Our environment:
- ------------------------
Debian 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr
Server version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
Server built:   Jul 22 2008 02:00:36
Server number:  6.0.18.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.6.0_10-b33
JVM Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.

MySQL  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

TIA

Gregor
- --
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2
gpgp-key available
@ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de:11371
@ http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/
skype:rc46fi