[opencms-dev] Downloading a file from Admin interface - A_CmsListDialog

Chuck Mysak chuck.mysak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:49:48 CET 2010

Hello all,

I have a small problem regarding downloading a file from the OpenCms admin
interface.

I'm implementing a CmsListDialog and at executeListSingleActions i try to
send a file to the user's browser but hasn't worked out so far.
If I use the OutputStream of the response object, the admin interface
freezez from the point of the download further.

If I use the same jsp that instantiates the CmsListDialog (using
getToolManager().jspForwardTool or  getToolManager().jspForwardPage) to get
a parameter and download the file before it instantiates the list, the same
thing happens (freezes the interface). I searched the OpenCms admin
interface to see if Alkakon did something like this to take a peek into the
source code, but couldn't find anything.

The file doesn't exist on the server, it's "built" from a database blob.

Regards,

Chuck