[opencms-dev] "new" direct edit button when contentload folder is empty

Noz, Felix F.Noz at comundus.com
Wed Mar 24 18:30:23 CET 2010

Hello,

we are currently running into a problem with XmlContent and direct edit
buttons. We must enable a user to create a new XmlContent element with
direct edit even if the folder the contentload tag refers to doesn't
contain any elements yet. The problem ist hat AFAIK the direct edit
buttons will be only shown if there's at least one existing element
within the folder the contentload tag refers to (Doing a quick debugging
the CmsJspTagContentLoad tag skips all direct edit functionality if
hasMoreContent() returns false).
This problem has been already reported int the list last year (by navv
May 14, 2009; 02:32pm) so I would like to know if meanwhile somebody has
found a solution for this (besides using a dummy element). It would also
be nice if somebody from alkacon could tell me if it's generally
possible to extend the contentload tag to show the "new" button even for
empty folders or if it has been disabled on purpose.

Regards
Felix