[opencms-dev] Fragen: Releasezeitpunkt openCms + Metadaten dateibasiert einstellbar + Anlegen neuer Rollen

Andreas Zahner a.zahner at alkacon.com
Mon Dec 13 16:37:48 CET 2010

Stephan,

OpenCms 8 will be released in the first quarter 2011. For a feature list
you have to wait until January 2011. Right now we are still working on
what will be in OpenCms 8, but this should be defined by January.

The "metadata" (properties) in OpenCms can be attached to folders and
files in OpenCms, you can set them by clicking on "Properties" in the
context menu of a resource in the OpenCms explorer view. Usually
property values which are set on folders will be inherited to
subresources and can be overwritten on individual files.

The OpenCms system roles are currently hard coded in the OpenCms core
classes. So there is no possibility to define new rules in OpenCms 7.

--
Regards,
Andreas.

Andreas Zahner