[opencms-dev] Default-file for folder tree

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Mar 1 15:51:13 CET 2011

Hi Tylla,

I don't see how my proposed solution has "more steps, too much for some users", so I'll just clarify real quick, in case there's any misunderstaning going on.

This is what would happen:
1. The user clicks "New" --> "Folder"
2. In the "New folder" dialog, the user does all the normal stuff, and checs that the "Index page" is set to "TOC" (a type you have added as an available index page type)
3. The user clicks "OK" - done

An index page of type "TOC" is automatically created inside the new folder. It lists the folder contents like you want. The user can edit the title if he wants to (e.g. overriding a default title which you've defined).

I think this is almost as simple as it gets, and should be no problem - even for the v0.9beta types. ;-)

Cheers,
Paul