[opencms-dev] Kernel Patch

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Tue Mar 8 10:06:46 CET 2011

Felix,

> I have a patch for patching some OpenCms files. It is a kernel patch.
> Files that was patched are:
>
>     * /src/org/opencms/workplace/CmsWorkplace.java (update)
>     * /src/org/opencms/workplace/CmsWidgetDialog.java (update)
>     * /src/org/opencms/workplace/editors/CmsXmlContentEditor.java (update)
>     * /src/org/opencms/xml/CmsXmlContentDefinition.java (update)
>     * /src/org/opencms/xml/CmsXmlContentTypeManager.java (update)
>     * /src/org/opencms/xml/CmsXmlComplexTypeSequence.java (update)
>     * /modules/org.opencms.editors/resources/system/workplace/editors/xmlcontent/edit.js
>       (update)
>     * /modules/org.opencms.editors/resources/system/workplace/editors/xmlcontent/editor_form.jsp
>       (update)
>

> The last two files in the modules folder seems not to be included in the
> opencms.jar (kernel jar) from OpenCms while I am compiling OpenCms. How
> do I manage to include my changes in these folder to my OpenCms
> installation?

I assume that you use the "build.xml" in the main folder to build your
opencms.jar. This one only builds the OpenCms core itself without any
modules.

IF you have made some changes to modules as well, use the
"/modules/build.xml" build file. This one will give you a dialog where
you can select the module you want to build. The  "/modules/build.xml"
will automatically call the normal "build.xml" if required.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael.

Michael Emmerich

Visit OpenCms Days 2011 Conference and Expo
May 9 to May 10 2011 in Cologne, Germany
http://www.opencms-days.org