[opencms-dev] Kernel Patch

Achim Westermann Achim.Westermann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 10:09:34 CET 2011

Hi Felix,

why would you want to apply a "kernel patch"? This is a fork that might loose the upgrade path of OpenCms. When you update OpenCms to a newer version you will either forget to get a fresh patch or have to order another kernel patch from the patch provider. OpenCms is highly configurable so it is highly probable that your changes could be made without patching the original code. And if the patch contains valuable bugfixes the better way would be to open an bugzilla request and attach the patch I guess.

kind regards,
Achim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------