[opencms-dev] user account

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Thu Jul 7 09:34:11 CEST 2011

Hello Marko,

Also if an user only shall have the permissions for a particular file or
folder, he must have the read and view permissions for the folders,
where the particular file/folder is in. Because, otherwise he can not
navigate to the particular file/folder. If the particular file/folder is
in the site /sites/default/ for example, then you have to set the
permissions on the folder /sites/default/ for the special user in that way:

- Read: Allowed
- Overwrite inherited: Allowed
- Inherit on sub folders: Allowed

All other checkboxes have to be unselected.

On the particular file you have to set the permissions in that way for
the special user with the rights to view, edit and publish that file:

- Read: Allowed
- Direct Publish: Allowed
- Write: Allowed

All other checkboxes have to be unselected. And you can not exclude that
the user deletes that file, because he has the write permissions on that
file and he is allowed to publish that file.

On the particular folder you have to set the permissions in that way for
the special user with the rights to create, view, edit, delete files in
that folder:

- Read: Allowed
- Write: Allowed

All other checkboxes have to be unselected.

Kind Regards,
Mario.