[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Occassionally Serving wrong images

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:12:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

We have had a strange issue recently with OpenCMS occasionally serving up
the wrong images. I am hoping someone can tell me how to stop this issue
occurring.

What happens is: ocassionally, OpeCMS will for no apparent reason place a
completely different image in a page that the one assigned.

Hitting refresh on the browser does not renew the page with the correct
image. What does seem to help is publishing the image again.

Unfortunately, we have not found a way to consistently reproduce this
problem.

According to OpenCMS we are currently have 654 images with 3082 variations
totalling 25MB in size. We use the image resizing feature of OpenCMS quite
often.

I believe we are using OpenCMS 7.5.3 with Sun Microsystems OpenJDK Server VM
19.0-b06 mixed mode with Linux 2.6.34.7-56.40.amzn1.i686 (i386).

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Regards

Brett S