[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.0.4 released!

HERNAN - TFSLA info at tfsla.com
Thu Apr 12 23:14:54 CEST 2012

Hi Tobias! usually is right, but is also right when you have no backward
compatibility like with this version?

Please note: OCEE 3.0.4 is not compatible with OpenCms 8.0.0 - 8.0.3.

What would be the procedure in this case?

Tobias Herrmann wrote:

> Hi Olli,
>
> we will release the next version of OCEE within the next few days. It's
> best to update OCEE first and than the OpenCms core.
>
> Greetings, Tobias
>
> --
>
> Visit OpenCms Days 2012 Conference and Expo September 24 to 25, 2012 in
> Cologne, Germany http://www.opencms-days.org
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
>
> http://www.alkacon.com  --  http://www.opencms.org
>

> Am 11.04.2012 15:20, schrieb Olli Aro:
>> Aah, ok found the problem in the update.log:
>>
>> Caused by: org.opencms.main.CmsIllegalStateException: The currently used
>> OpenCms version 8.0.4 is not compatible with Alkacon OCEE version 3.0.3.
>>
>> So, this means I will have to wait until the next release of OCEE before
>> the
>> upgrade?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Olli

>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:191)
>>> 17:		at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.kill(CmsUpdateThread.java:106)
>>> 16:		at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.exit(CmsShell.java:577)
>>> 15:	java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 14:		at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:191)
>>> 13:		at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.kill(CmsUpdateThread.java:106)
>>> 12:		at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.exit(CmsShell.java:571)
>>> 11:	java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 10:		at
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:180)
>>> 9:		at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:663)
>>> 8:		at
>>> org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:835)
>>> org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommand(CmsShell.java:760)
>>> 6:	${user}@${project}>java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 5:	${user}@${project}># Turn echo on
>>> org.opencms.setup.CmsUpdateThread.run(CmsUpdateThread.java:143)
>>> 3:		at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.<init>(CmsShell.java:411)
>>> org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.getInstance(OpenCmsCore.java:297)