[opencms-dev] Lucene Query and untokenized xmlContent items

Cavva79 davide.cavarretta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:21:44 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm new for this forum.

I'm using opencms 8.0.4, Tomcat 7.0.12 and JDK 6
To be short I've troubles trying to get first character of a xmlcontent
field, which is a small sentence, like a "title" of an article that could be
both uppercase or lowercase.
It must be a lucene query because it is part of that request to it.

1) I'm indexing the full xmlcontent item "untokenized" because I want to get
first character of the full sentence and not of any word of it;

2) I tried to send the query to CmsSearch with the setQuery(query) and
setParsedQuery(queryAlreadyParsedWithLuceneQuery). In both cases opencms
uses QueryParser of lucene to normalize the query which turn in a modified
query with all terms to find in lowercase, tested activating the logs and
debugging. My text start with a UpperCase letter.

3) by the way, Luke with the query I make works fine!

Anybody did some workaround or have some ideas such a parameter to allow
case insensive searches?

Best regards,
Davide