[opencms-dev] Misleading behaviour on linked resources and SOLR

Carsten Wilhelm wilhelm at bplusd.de
Wed Jul 10 17:01:51 CEST 2013

Dear all,

We have encountered some interesting behaviour on our website.

What we do:

*         we create content in one folder and link it in another folder

*         on one page we use a SOLR query with parent folder for the first folder

*         on another page we use a SOLR query for the same type, but the second folder

So far, everything works like a charm.

When we edit the content, the content gets changed in both folders (since it's linked content, of course).

But: when we publish the file directly, there appeares a checkbox "publish all links" (or similar, we're using the german locale in the backend) which is unchecked.

Publishing with checking this box results in both pages displaying the correct new content.

Publishing without checking this box results in two different outputs - the page using the folder, where we have published the content is OK, the other shows the old content.
After publishing, there is no way to publish the other version in the other folder - from the explorer point of view it seems that this content has been published (which isn't the case).

Some questions arise in my mind:

1)     It seems that the content is stored in a single instance in the database, but multiple in the SOLR index

2)     Furthermore publishing only some of the linked versions result in changing only some of the SOLR entries

3)     Is this expected behaviour or is this a bug I need to add in the issue tracker?

A workaround for that could be to check the checkbox by default - can I configure this in OpenCms somewhere?

Kind regards,
Carsten