[opencms-dev] Static Export on OpenCMS 8.5.2

Christian Steinert christian at christian-steinert.de
Sun Jul 21 12:41:18 CEST 2013

Dear J.

I am not sure if the opencms workplace works properly if you disable static export entirely.  It is probably best to leave static export enabled and set the static export to the "On Demand" handler, i.e.:
<staticexporthandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsOnDemandStaticExportHandler</staticexporthandler>

In addition to this you can set the file system property "export" of the folder "/sites" to the value "false". This should prevent your own sites from being exported.

You should then be able to use varnish or other caching servers in front of opencms however you like.

All the best!
Christian