[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.5.1 & Polish language

Christian Steinert christian at christian-steinert.de
Mon Jul 22 23:16:58 CEST 2013

Hi

Like Sandrine said it is important to configure the locale in opencms-system.xml and to configure the search index if necessary.

Another thing that might be needed is to set a file system property in the opencms file system. You shold the "locale" property of the main folder that contains your Polish pages to "pl". So for example if your default site /sites/default contains only Polish pages then you should set the "locale" property of the "default" folder to the value "pl". This will tell opencms that all files inside this folder use Polish. Based on this the XML editor will automatically select the content language as Polish whenever you create a page. If you don't set this property on the top folder then you content editors always have to be careful to select the correct language in the content editor before they start to enter any content.

All the best!
Chrstian