[opencms-dev] Non Root context and POST problems

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Mon Aug 12 10:13:45 CEST 2013

Hi Chris,

Are you using Tomcat 7? I'd similar problems with Tomcat 7 (with mod_jk,
mod_rewrite, etc..) and had to use Tomcat 6.

Best Regards,
Arash

--
Visit us at OpenCms Days Conference <http://opencms-days.org>
CloudSites empowered by Metamesh's

 *________________**____________**   **  *

*Arash Kaffamanesh**
Clouds Sky GmbH
*

*Im Mediapark 4C*

*50760 Köln
*
+49 221 370 90 680
www.cloudssky.com*
_________________**___________*

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Chris Kruger <
opencms at krugerheavyindustries.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I run my opencms (v8.5.1) installation in a non root context. So
> connecting directly to tomcat my URIs all have /opencms/opencms/ … in them.
> Following the guide on the wiki
> http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Removing_/opencms/opencms_from_site_url I
>  attempted to remove this opencms URI substrings from web URLs. It works
> for GET requests but it seems NOT work when I try to POST data.
>
> My symptoms are:
>
> 1) Login to my workplace: the opencms log says login successful but I get
> redirected to the login page rather than getting the workplace open up.
> 2) Attempting to use my contact form always acts like a fresh GET, rather
> than a POST.
>
> I thought it was to do with ProxyPass directive causing confusing so I
> tried using AJP plugin and URL rewrite instead, but the problem persists.
> There is something I don't understand going on.
>
> I have read a number of threads regarding similar problems but I am still
> not clear on how to fix it. I have tried various combinations of vfs-prefix
> in opencms-importexport.xml, but I cannot get exactly the result I want.
> Which is opencms parts stripped from URL and working POST
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Kruger
> @krugerheavyindustries.com

*** *