[opencms-dev] Wizard-less installation

Andrew Adams adamsar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 06:39:45 CEST 2013

Hello Arash,

Installing OpenCms via a package manager would certainly be convenient, but
I've managed to install it via the command line with a few tweaks.

   1. First I filled in all the necessary data that would have been
   populated via the wizard in opencms.properties. This is stuff like database
   information, etc.
   2. I created and ran the appropriate database table creation script to
   get everything that OpenCms needs.
   3. I tweaked cmssetup.txt to import the necessary modules for the
   workplace, etc. This took a bit of searching to align them in the correct
   order for dependencies.

For archival purposes, if anyone needs to apply these tweaks to
cmssetup.txt, just put these lines between 'setSiteRoot "/sites/default"'
and 'importModulesFromSetupBean.

---
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace_8.5.2.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.administration_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.categories_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.explorer_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.galleries_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.handler_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help.de_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.help.en_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.accounts_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.cache_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.content_8.5.1.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.database_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.galleryoverview_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.history_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.link_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.modules_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.projects_8.5.2.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.publishqueue_8.5.0.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.scheduler_8.5.1.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.searchindex_8.5.1.zip"
importModule
"packages/modules/org.opencms.workplace.tools.workplace_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.editors_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.editors.codemirror_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.editors.editarea_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.editors.fckeditor_8.5.1.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.editors.tinymce_8.5.3.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.languagedetection_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.locale.de_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.locale.es_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.locale.it_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.locale.ru_8.5.0.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.jquery_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.gwt_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.config_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.containerpage_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.contenteditor_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.editprovider_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.galleries_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.postupload_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.properties_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.publish_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.sitemap_8.5.2.zip"
importModule "packages/modules/org.opencms.ade.upload_8.5.2.zip"
---

With these tweaks I've been able to write the proper templates for chef and
will be spending a bit of time this week trying to get a cookbook up for
OpenCms. In the future I'd like to have this configurable for which
database you want to use, which http server you want to use, and which
servlet engine (tomcat, jetty, etc) you'd like to use, and optionally to
make them configurable for a remote machine. Optional modules such as a
"opencms:demo" would install the demo content, etc.

Thanks for for you input and help though!

Cheers,
Andrew