[opencms-dev] Default language in a Multi-Language Site

Marc Müller opencms at askvisual.de
Fri Aug 23 11:44:52 CEST 2013

Dear Mailing list members,

I'm creating a website in multiple languages using the OpenCMS 8.5 ADE
editor.
There is one sibling folder for each language.

When I'm adding new articles to a page in the first language using the
ADE the elements are missing in the other language.
I know that is because every element has its own file in the VFS and
hence its locale as well as every page has its own locale.
I can fix it by switching to the workplace editor, editing the Page
itself and copying the locale to the other language.
After that I can go back to the page, switch to the other language and
translate the content of the article using the ADE.

Is there any way to configure OpenCMS that the steps in the workplace
editor can be done "automagically"?
I.e. I'm looking for a property which makes opencms copying the locale
on every modification to the page to all other languages,
or maybe there is a way to set up a default "locale" for a page, which
will be always used for all languages as long as no explicit locale has
been defined in this page.

Thanks a lot for any helping advice,

With kind regards
     Marc Müller