[opencms-dev] preserving creationdate lastlogindate of imported users

Marc Johnson originalstoic at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 11:12:59 CEST 2013

With the available opencms api(no hacking) does anyone know if there's a way to import ALL of a user's settings including creationDate and LastLoginDate.

I've copied those Long values to additionalInfo with hopes of extracting them back out and reassigning them but there doesnt really seem to be a way to save them.

I see that you can create a new CmsUser with those values explicitly set but I haven't been able to cmsObject.writeUser(CmsUser u) if I  instantiate the CmsUser that way(not found in the db error).  I can only cms.createUser and these those values are already set.