[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9.5.0 documentation

Babak babak at wjug.ca
Mon Nov 10 17:24:55 CET 2014

Hi Alex,

I think there is a need for two different mailing lists and
documentation for two type of audences:

1- For end users and non programmers who wants to create a website,
which youtube videos are great
since it is all through GUI and then a mailing list in case they have
any question.

2- For developers and programmers who wants to contribute in extending
OpenCMS either
by developing modules or adding functionality to core OpenCMS.

In a world that every one looking for an easy and fast deployment of
website, lets have the deployment
for end user be the easiest with youtube videos and make sure when we
build a website for customer
they can manage it easy enough otherwise the developer will be doing
most of the parts.

The other point is continuity of document.
Document should follow some pattern or progress in building a website to
show the user the power and easiness
of OpenCMS in building a website.

Finally, why not OpenCMS website for the central point of documentation.
I am looking at other CMS websites, and they all hosting documentation
on their website
and even for youtube or vimero they load the video within their website.
If Wiki is not convenient, then a tutorial on how to document manage
document in OpenCMS
and setup a place for people to contribute would be the best place to start.
Then others learn OpenCMS through learning how to document other stuff.

Thanks
Babak

Thanks
Babak