[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9.5.0 documentation

Babak babak at wjug.ca
Mon Nov 10 18:57:00 CET 2014

1.I know about the wiki status. And I agree with you, that the wiki
should be supported by the community leader.
I totally agree, Doing documentation is easier for the person who is
developing the core or module, not for me who is still struggling
through the software.

2.Agreed
Sorry, I don't agree, check other frameworks or CMS for their
documentation and model after them.
OpenCMS software should be able to manage its own documentation.
not saying below websites are having perfect documentation, but they are
all hosting their own documents.

http://docs.alfresco.com/
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/intro/tutorial01/
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide

3.Why should other open source communities have the time to contribute
and this one not? We should think about it as give and take. What I want
to say is: I do not have the time either, but I take the time because I
think it is important…
Maybe other community's developers, building enough websites, or getting
more projects and thus they put more effort for their own customers good.
the better end users or clients can manage their sites, the better
developers can work on new features and not struggling with existing config.
The difficulty of OpenCMS should be hidden to end users with proper
documentation.

Thanks
Babak