[opencms-dev] OCEE Cluster architecture

Filip Kratochvil filip.kratochvil at nelasoft.cz
Fri Jan 16 11:35:14 CET 2015

Hi guys,

I'd like to know your opinion to the OpenCms Cluster Architecture.

What I'm speaking about?

We have 2 nod cluster where ND1 is used for both - content serving and
administration (it is workplace server). ND2 is used only for content
serving (and is "standby" workplace server). We have some problems with
performance. Site have heavy load, we use OCEE Accelerator as so as Flex
cache (+ some files are static exported).

I want to know, if the better solution will be use new ND3 as sepparate
workplace server and let ND1 and ND2 only serve content. In this case we
must use OCEE Replication module of course. But my question is - is it "much
better"? Will it improve performance significantly? Or its not necessary and
we can only add ND3 with the same approach?

I know it depends on many things. Thank you for your suggestions.

--
Regards
Filip Kratochvil

Twitter:  <https://twitter.com/NELASOFT> @NELASOFT