[opencms-dev] Comma-separated categories when mapping to propertyList

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Wed Dec 9 19:39:35 CET 2015

Hi Alkacon devs,

I ran into a lot of category-related trouble today when testing a migration from 8.5.2 to 9.5.0.

All issues have been worked out, but I have to say I found this one really weird:
When using mapto="propertyList:...", multiple categories are no longer pipe-separated. Instead they're now comma-separated (!). (At least if the editor is using the Acacia editor.)

You'd think this was due to some "global" change, at org.opencms.file.CmsProperty#VALUE_LIST_DELIMITER, but no - that one's still the pipe character.

Tested in 10.0.0a => same.

Why this change? Wouldn't a consistent delimiter/separator character be better?

... or is it just a bug?

Cheers,
Paul