[opencms-dev] How to code-review

Alberto Gallardo argrico at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 14:26:03 CEST 2017

Hi Tobias,

> I was wondering why you were commenting on the gradle build script code
> and issuing pull request with minor changes, as the build script just works
> for us.

The 'work for us' part is what is a bit tricky. It does work under certain
circumstances, but it can lead to wrong binaries if not handled with care
;-) It also is a bit inefficient, and given that the whole build (with
tests) takes more than half an hour in our servers, any improvement would
be welcome.

> Currently I am very busy, so I was reluctant to merge cosmetic changes
> into the build script.

That was also my assumption. I agree that these changes are only of
'cosmetic' nature (though I would prefer to say that they improve the
"-ilities" of the build)

> If you need changes to the build script for better integration into
> NetBeans or IDEA, please got ahead and issue a pull request.

I'll merge the current PRs into one, so if you want to merge we don't end
up with too many commits.

Bests,

Alberto