[opencms-dev] Inheritance Groups Demo / Documentation

Hinz, Emily EHinz at mt.gov
Mon Jan 8 20:05:56 CET 2018

Does anyone have some examples, better documentation on using inheritance groups, or willing to walk through them with me outside of this forum?  I got as far as creating a container of type group and dropping the default inheritance group onto a container, but I don't know how to add content to the group. The container doesn't accept any content despite looking like it is available for dropping blocks onto it. I'm missing some steps somewhere. This is the only documentation that I could find, but I really need to see what was done on the code side to make it work.
http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/content-in-opencms/special-predefined-content-types/inheritance-group/index.html

Emily Hinz
Technology Service Division
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks