[opencms-dev] I want to share with you a large number of upgrades I have done.

脸谱 afeinet at 163.com
Tue Jan 16 16:09:32 CET 2018

Hello everyone.
First of all, I'm very sorry, this is my English translation with Google.

Recently in the process of using Opencms, I have done some code adjustments. In particular, some of the more critical technical upgrades have been made recently for Opencms.
Mainly these:
1, for dependenciew.gradle in a very large number of dependent libraries made the most possible upgrade (to the latest version). . I think the new version of the thing may be in terms of performance and Bug will be improved.
2, Solr, Lucene upgrade from 5.5 to 7.2. Background modified some of the relevant implementation code.
3, using HikariCP as a database connection pool to achieve.
4, the log system upgrade to Log4j2.
5, there are some functional changes. For example, before the new data is created under .content \ [datatype] \ subFolder \ subFolder, the default path is still .content \ [datatype], which needs to be modified each time, so I made a change and can create new data in the subdirectory, And the current directory as the default storage path.
Others are not listed one by one.

After the upgrade results how, in fact, I did not do a lot of tests to verify, but there is a clear data for reference.
May mainly upgrade the relationship between Solr (and Lucene) and the database connection pool, the official version, the new deployment of all Opencms Modules (system and Demo), it takes about 20 minutes, after the upgrade, this process takes only 4 minutes Or so, sometimes less than 4 minutes. And then run up the website everything is normal, there is nothing wrong. Search is normal.

My current site project, very complex, a variety of data has 100000 +, a variety of different pages have 100 + ,, After completing the above upgrade, my website project is up and running is normal.

So I think, for Opencms make changes / upgrades, is there any other people also need it, so I want to share with you. But do not know what method to share.

--

缘起法实不可思议也。