[opencms-dev] I want to share with you a large number of upgrades I have done.

Tobias Herrmann t.herrmann at alkacon.com
Wed Jan 17 09:41:32 CET 2018

Hi,

that is some very interesting work you have done.

If you want to share this, it's best to issue pull requests on github.
Please consider using one pull request per 'feature', so it is easier
for us to evaluate and test.

Regarding the changes you have done, changing the db connection pool and
the logging libraries looks very promising performance wise.

Updating SOLR and Lucene to their latest versions is on our roadmap for
the version 11.0 release of OpenCms. We have not done the update yet, as
the versions 10.5.x should stay compatible with Java 7 and SOLR > 5.5
requires Java 8. The next major release of OpenCms will drop support for
Java 7.

I don't really get what you have done in step 5. The default location
for newly created contents can easily be configured within
/.content/.config files. There is no need for any programmatic changes.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Tobias Herrmann

Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG  - The OpenCms Experts