[opencms-dev] Is there some detailed information/tutorial available for using the apollo Template in 10.5.x?

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Tue Jan 30 11:20:57 CET 2018

Hi Manfred,

I think, you already found the Apollo-Template specific documentation:

  * http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/additional-documentation/the-apollo-template/
  * https://github.com/alkacon/apollo-template/ (the readme file)
  * The step-by-step editor tutorial integrated in the demo (under Tutorial)

Probably also helpful (even if for an older version of the template):

  * https://de.slideshare.net/AlkaconOpenCms/opencms-days-2015-modern-templates-with-nested-containers

To get into templates, formatters and content types, I hope, the
following pages will help:

  * http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/background/the-concept-of-content/
    (Good introduction)
  * http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/content-in-opencms/
    (Like a navigation to multiple sub-topics)
  * http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/creating-a-website/creating-a-template-jsp/
    (Like a tutorial for creating a webpage from a static prototype,
    with many links to special topics, if you use the Apollo-Template,
    most of the steps are not necessary, but it gives you good background)

Best, Daniel.