[opencms-dev] "Creating a template jsp" tutorial problems with OpenCms 11.0.1

Gerd Schrick mail at schrick-design.de
Thu Aug 20 01:20:11 CEST 2020

Hi Bart,

just some quick notes that hopefully will help you:

re properties: if a mentioned property with the exact same name already exists, reuse it. If not, create it.

re "sitemap" unavailable: requires to be in the context/scope of a/the correct site.
in the drop-down (top left) select your/the site; I assume you're in the root (system) scope (to access / work in the module's folder).
This may also be the reason for the 404.

Personal note: to overcome the frequent context switching when I work in templates and want to check the individual changes in the site, I use two independant sessions (same user, different browsers or e.g. in FireFox a private and a non-private window) one in system/root context the other in site context.

Best regards,
Gerd

PS: IMHO, OpenCms is a great CMS and well worth to "dive into" - I love it :-)