[opencms-dev] "Creating a template jsp" tutorial problems with OpenCms 11.0.1

Bart Devos bart at krombekehoek.be
Thu Aug 20 11:29:20 CEST 2020

Dear Gerd,
Thank you very much for your quick response. I much appreciate it.
I put my remarks in between your text:

*re properties: if a mentioned property with the exact same name already
exists, reuse it. If not, create it.*
If i understand well: "template.provider" is not the same as the separate
properties "provider" and "template"?
"provider=org.opencms.loader.CmsDefaultTemplateContextProvider,template=%(templatepath)"
is not short for assigning the properties separately?

*re "sitemap" unavailable: requires to be in the context/scope of a/the
correct site.
in the drop-down (top left) select your/the site; I assume you're in the
root (system) scope (to access / work in the module's folder).
This may also be the reason for the 404.*
You're absolutely right. I was not aware that the site had to be selected in
the drop-down. I just selected the site but apparently that was not enough.
Perhaps something that should be mentioned in the docs.

*Personal note: to overcome the frequent context switching when I work in
templates and want to check the individual changes in the site, I use two
independant sessions (same user, different browsers or e.g. in FireFox a
private and a non-private window) one in system/root context the other in
site context.*
Great tip! I'm used to develop in the OpenXava framework and i use the same
technique to switch between environments.

*PS: IMHO, OpenCms is a great CMS and well worth to "dive into" - I love it
:-)*
Well, i'll certainly give it a try!

Thank you very much for your help. I can continue from here on.

Kind regards;
Bart Devos.

--
Sent from: http://opencms.996256.n3.nabble.com/