[opencms-dev] process for creating/using dynamic function in openCms 13

Jochen Graf j.graf at alkacon.com
Mon Aug 22 12:36:59 CEST 2022

Hi Dave,

you need two configurations in the /.content/.config sitemap
configuration file:

1. enable dynamic functions in general for your site: in the "content
elements" tab of the /.content/.config file, add a new "Content element
configuration" and select OpenCms' built-in "function_config" type
2. add your specific dynamic function to your site: in the "dynamic
functions" tab of the /.content/.config file, in the section "Dynamic
functions to be added", add your individual function configuration,
e.g.,
/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.documentation/functions/demo/time-example.xml

Hope this helps

Jochen

Am 21.08.22 um 22:38 schrieb Eichmann, David A via opencms-dev:
> I’m working through creating an example dynamic function, starting with the time example in the documentation. I get the creation of the JSP and the XML files, but I’m not seeing the new dynamic function when attempting to use it in a content page. Where is the appropriate placement for the definition files and how to I get openCms to present the function as an option for placement in an element?  Thanks!
>
> - Dave

Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG  - The OpenCms Experts