[opencms-dev] LDAP, Kerberos, NTLM, and other folks ...

Apostoly Guillaume ApostolyG at mail.europcar.com
Wed Jul 2 19:33:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I eard that people are currently working on LDAP support for OpenCMS. I'm
not sure how they plan to implement this but i think this could be great to
have a common way for different type of authentication.
My idea is to rely on OpenCMS for the rights, and rely on the system
authentication for getting the user name.
Ex: if you've got a configuration with apache/tomcat, apache can do the
authentication (based on mod_what_you_want, LDAP, unix passwds, NTLM or so)
and within the OpenCMS servlet, a request.getRemoteUser gives access to the
logged in user.
Am i right/wrong/nuts ? What do you think about this ?

Regards to all,

Guillaume.

Guillaume APOSTOLY
Business-Analyst EIS-BSD