AW: [opencms-dev] Re: could not connect to database

Frank Wunderlich k.frank.wunderlich at gmx.de
Wed Jul 9 17:22:01 CEST 2003

Hi David,

it seems to me, that Opencms has no problem in connecting the database
(although the upper most exception handler thinks so too ;-).

Opencms obviously tries to insert a datarow into a table and MySql
complains that this datarow already exists (Duplicate entry 'Guests' for
key 2). Considering this message, I would guess, that it is the
"cms_groups"-table and the application tries to insert the usergroup
'Guests'. Unfortunatly it has done this work before...

I don't know why this problem occurs, but it seems that some
initalization during setup has failed and that the state of your system
is in some sense "corrupt".

If you like "hacking": You could try to look at the "cms_groups"-table
and try to delete the probably already existing datarow (if i am right)
manually, before starting the app again. But no guaranty if the rest of
the system/database will work...

Good luck...
Frank.