[opencms-dev] Definitive guide to get rid of opencms/opencms in the url

Apostoly Guillaume ApostolyG at mail.europcar.com
Thu Jul 10 17:03:01 CEST 2003

I'm about to face exactly the same question.
Here are my current tracks (beware, none has been tested now, but i'm pretty
sure the second works):
- use apace mod_rewrite
- or do all with tomcat (or the application server you want) :
	* To get rid of the first "/opencms", you can do it by specifying a
default webapp that is "/" and link to the opencms webapp dir
	* To get rid of the second "/opencms" (which is actually the servlet
name) i think you can do it by changing the web.xml as follows :
 <servlet>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <description>
            The main servlet that handles all requests to the OpenCms VFS.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/opencms/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

changed to that :

 <servlet>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <description>
            The main servlet that handles all requests to the OpenCms VFS.
        </description>
        <servlet-class>com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Hope this help !
I haven't got time to test that now, let me (and the mailing list) know if
you achieve any result.

Regards,

Guillaume.