[opencms-dev] Definitive guide to get rid of opencms/opencms in the url

Brian Sweeting sweeting at infowest.com
Thu Jul 10 17:50:01 CEST 2003

First of all...thank you for your help.

I followed all the instructions in the PDF doc...

*** web.xml ***
Changed
<url-pattern>/opencms/*</url-pattern>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

*** opencms.properties ***
Changed
url_prefix_http=/${WEB_APP_NAME}/opencms
url_prefix_http=

*** server.xml ***
Added the context
<Context path="" docBase="opencms" debug="0"/>

*** registry.xml ***
Changed
<UseWpPicturesFromVFS>false</UseWpPicturesFromVFS>
<UseWpPicturesFromVFS>true</UseWpPicturesFromVFS>

Note: I decided to leave out the configuration of Apache/mod_jk2/Tomcat
and I'm going directly through tomcat.

After completing these steps I can go to
http://localhost:8080/system/login and I can login and everything looks
correct in the workplace.  But when I try to access a file, for instance
index.jsp in the root of the VFS, (http://localhost:8080/index.jsp) I
get the error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: FlexDispatcher: Dectected inclusion loop
for target /index.jsp
    at
com.opencms.flex.cache.CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.include(CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.java:186)

This happens when I try to access any file whether it is a regular page
(.html) or jsp.

Brian