[opencms-dev] Problem for (re)starting OpenCms

David Seikel david.seikel at icemedia.com.au
Fri Jul 11 09:05:25 CEST 2003

Joachim Arrasz wrote:
> we have here on aur server an error that is may be the same problem. Our
> OpenCMS Installation makes lots of connect processes to the mysql an don`t
> kill them after a idle time. The count of processes is much more than we
> have configured for connection pooling so we can`t understand this
> "feature" ;-(. May this is your problem. So try to increase the count for
> pooled connections. But this is not a good "solution".

I'm beginning to get the feeling that this is due to using tomcat
manager to restart openCMS.  On my development box I get this problem
all the time, and I am restarting all the time.  I have only seen it
happen on the staging server a couple times, each time I had done a
restart or two earlier in the day.  Most of the time the staging server
is not restarted, and it runs fine.