[opencms-dev] Content Syndication in OpenCMS

Nicolas Delsaux nicolas.delsaux at online.fr
Fri Jul 11 10:29:01 CEST 2003

On 10 Jul 2003 22:27:56 -0600, M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net> wrote:

> What kind of content syndication? I initially planned on writing an RSS
> module until I realized that it was so easy to do that it didn't really
> warrant a module (just a JSP with a few clever tricks with the
> navigation code). In fact, it should be pretty easy to do just about any
> kind of XML-based content syndication over HTTP or HTTPS. I'd be more
> than happy to brainstorm with you on or off the list, as it is a feature
> I'm very interested in.

Strangely, I also cast a glance at such a feature for the site I'm working
on, and here is the solution I used, for thye faster development.
 - First, a good RDF/RSS library. I used the one given at ChurchillObjects,
which provides document parsing as well as document construction.
 - Second, a Java class (it may be integrated in a jsp) that process the
java objects for producing the good HTML fragment.
 - And finally, A jsp that call the specific Java class.

At all, it took me half a day to compile, package and deploy the whole in
OpenCMS.
Not a hard work, isn't it ?

--
Nicolas Delsaux
N > Sur Internet, personne ne sait que vous ĂȘtes ... un singe