[opencms-dev] Installation on OSX - fun and joy!

Rene Hinojosa R_Hinojosa at Cityofsouthfield.com
Wed Jul 16 19:54:02 CEST 2003

Hi Sam,

I'm running my development opencms server on OS X Server. I did not have any problems with the install but then again I used IE for the ocsetup. I use and recommend Netscape for Mac instead of IE. For some reason, IE won't properly display the WYSIWYG properly so if I'm going to work with just the source, might as well use Netscape.

There are a couple of gotcha's though. Before you start your tomcat server up type in the following in your shell:

#setenv JAVA_HOME /Library/Java/Home
#setenv CATALINA_OPTS -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1

The # is the root prompt. If you can't get to root use sudo.

The server still cooks running tomcat. I'm loading the server down using Setiathome running 24X7 and mysql. It has appox. 27% cpu left on it and the webserver is very reponsive.

Rene

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 03:12  pm, Sam Easterby-Smith wrote:

> java version "1.4.1_01"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-39)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-14, mixed mode)

Hmmm. Read the instructions...
Disregard the previous message.
I'm off to find the SDK (Doh!)

Sam