[opencms-dev] Locking Files

Thomas März thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 01:29:01 CEST 2003

"Urich, Chase" <ChaseUrich at letu.edu> writes:
> We've noticed a slight permissions problem since we've begun creating
> more users for our system. We have setup different projects for the
> different areas and have set permissions so they only have access to
> those areas. However, we have found no way to restrict access to the
> offline project, and as a result, any user can go into the offline
> project and lock files and folders. The permissions on those resources
> will not allow them to do anything else once they have locked it, but it
> is still a problem that they can lock the files. Has anyone else
> encountered this? Have you found a workaround?
Yes and yes. Set the view permissions of files and folders to guest
users to false and only to true for users that should access these files
and folder. But do not forget to create new groups for these folders.
Just start playing araound. I think theoratically they are allowed to
lock the files, but in fact they won't see the files anyway.

A problem persists anyway, they can lock the folders leading to their
files, but they musn't publish them.
So I didn't find a really, really, really working solution.

Best Regards,
Thomas März