[opencms-dev] Same content in one page - Template Problem

Stephan Löffler stephanloeffler at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 18:24:02 CEST 2003

Hi @all,

I am new here and new to OpenCMS. So far I think it's a pretty cool system
and I like
working with it.
However, I am now facing a little problem and I hope someone would be able
to help me
out.
Some pages have the same content. In order to avoid redundancies and
possible inconsis-
tencies we have decided, that there should be only one page that contains
the content and
it should also be possible to edit it in the WYSIWYG Editor.
So the idea was to create a folder called common_pages, that would contain
all those common
pages, that are referenced by more than one link. They include our standard
jsp template and
content (body) is edited with the WYSIWYG Editor.
If you want to reference one of these common pages you create a jsp page in
the folder that
is appropriate for you navigation, add the navigation properties and within
the jsp code you only
have an include statement, that has it's path set to the according common
page:

<%@ page session="false" import="com.opencms.flex.jsp.*" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<%
 	//Create a JSP action element
	com.opencms.flex.jsp.CmsJspActionElement cms = new
CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
%>

      <!-- Common Content included here -->
		<cms:include file="../../common_pages/Common_Pages_Testseite.html" />

So far it has worked fine. If you call the site regularly via the OpenCMS
explorer console everything is fine. The jsp template is included and the page
is displayed correctly. However, if you call the page by
the navigation link, that uses the jsp the template is not included and all
you see is the content added by the WYSIWYG editor. There is no formating
information and also the jsp-template and its elements are missing. So there is
no header, no navigation, no footer, and so forth.
I have tried to use different templates, but no success.

If anyone could help me out with this problem it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for any hints or help,

Stephan

--
Stephan Loeffler