[opencms-dev] Lucene search module.

Bryan LaPlante blaplante at netwebapps.com
Sat Sep 27 13:57:02 CEST 2003

I have not had a chance to look at the Lucene module but I did have to
integrate Lucene search for a company where each search result had to pass
the authorized to view criteria. What I came up with was to create the index
with a permission level for each document put into the index and then read
it back out of the search result as the field in the document that I
originally stored it.

Ok, long story short. I did not want to code this dependency into the
separate program that parsed the database for content/permission etc.... so
I created a taglib that exposes whatever field var's exist in a document at
the time of outputting the result set to the jsp page. Using this approach I
could output results deciding if each result passed the current users
authorized to view criteria

Here is the taglib
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/taglib/