[opencms-dev] help on how to create a task

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Sep 29 18:29:01 CEST 2003

Roughly, here is what you need to do:

1) Create a new event and modify com.opencms.file.CmsObject to fire the
event when a file is created. Look for 'fireEvent' in CmsObject to see
what I'm talking about. All of the events that I know of are defined in
com.opencms.flex.I_CmsEventListener. (Right now, a file add does not
fire an event.)

2) Create an event listener. Write a class that implements
com.opencms.flex.I_CmsEventListener and sends mail to the desired group
of users. (Someone remind me -- what is the class that has mail
methods?) You will probably want to put the event listener in a module.

3) Register the event listener in the registry.xml file as a <launcher/>
and restart.

Hope that helps,

Matt

--