[opencms-dev] No response from Premium support, Deserialization of core data failed, CmsSearchException

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Thu Oct 29 14:41:22 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm a bit nervous. I tried to update another of our systems two days
ago, from 9.0.1 to 9.5.2, and it was the production system after a test
went well (with the problems I already discussed in here).

Now the website is not working and support has not reacted in ticket
system for more than the offered 48 hours. Maybe I did not provide every
needed information with my ticket, I don't know, but hey, that is paid
for service, why is there no reaction? What can I do?

One of the problems I had similarly after the first update I made on
another system, only now in backend instead of frontend editing, and it
is not going away. I posted about the first time on 23.10.2015, 11:29
o'clock. When I try to open some XML content editor in backend I get
error message "Deserialization of core data failed", which makes the
system more or less unusable. There are other strange things as well,
like hitting "Publish" leads to
"org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading
resource from path
'/system/modules/org.opencms.ade.publish/publish_project.jsp'". I can
only guess that there is one reason for multiple errors.

The other problem, the main problem is, that lists of XML content do not
work anymore in frontend, they throw CmsSearchException (Execution of
query "q=*:*&fl=*,score&qt=edismax&rows=499995&fq=expired:[NOW TO
*]&fq=con_locales:de&fq=type:fue-news&fq=parent-folders:"/sites/default/"&fq=released:[*
TO NOW]&sort=newsdate_de_dt desc&start=0" failed"). So the site is
obviously not working now.

I really believe I have done everything like I was told in "readme.txt"
on update, I only have dot deactivated "search index update". I
installed "org.opencms.ade.config-9.5.2.zip" first (see mailing from
16.10.2015, 14:12 o'clock) etc. Also I'm quite sure Solr-schema.xml was
migrated correctly.

Regards,
Thorsten